Monday, April 26, 2010

The Perfect Mother's Day Present

Mother’s Day is looming in the States and I have the perfect home-made present! Making your own beauty products is easy, affordable, and they often work better than their store-bought alternatives. This recipe for rose facial toner was used by my granny for years (her skin still looked great at 96), and is still used by my mom and I every day. It is ideal for sensitive skin (like mine) and smells great. I suggest buying a pretty bottle at a market or thrift store and finding some ribbon to dress it up. Make it for all the moms in your life.. and keep a bottle for yourself!

ROSE WATER TONER

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup witch hazel
  • 1 cup rose water
  • 2 tsp glycerin
* Witch hazel and glycerin can be found at any pharmacy. Rose water is everywhere in Britain but can be harder to find stateside. I found mine at Target (which now carries British brands) or you can order it for pennies online.

Directions:
  • Combine and decant into bottle.
  • Use every night after you have washed your face and before you moisturize.


No comments:

Post a Comment