Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Yes, it's a Smart Car cake...

Rather than a recipe I just wanted to show what two people were capable of with an afternoon filled with food dye and royal icing...


That's right. It even has license plates. Front AND back.

My friend Kaori had the inspirational idea to build a Smart Car cake for her boyfriend's birthday. Naturally, I asked if I could help. What I learned along the way was that measuring a cake with a ruler is really hard and that if you try most of the afternoon you will be very pleased with the results. It may be a little rough around the edges but when it comes to culinary experiments this is definitely the most awesome product I have ever had a hand in.

So get creative with loaf trays and make various other box shaped cakes! Who knew rectangles could be this much fun?

You may not be fortunate enough as me to have someone like Kaori who knows how to put stuff together. In fact, she is also an amazing seamstress, check out some of her creations:
www.kaori.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment