Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Skinny Dipper: Papaya and Pineapple Salsa

Health Alert: Elana and I attempted to swim laps yesterday and virtually sunk to the bottom. At the tender age of 24 this should not be happening. The problem is that we diverted so far off the healthy eating path by the way of fried Asian delicacies. Today this ends. We are attempting to bring healthy eating back into our lives and become those slender tan ex-pats we know we can be. Hooray!

I do have a plan of action. It comes in the form of fruit.. yum! The variety and affordability of fruit here blows my mind. It is dirt cheap and actually tastes like it is supposed to (not like the sour unripe mess we eat at home). One thing I have been missing is Mexican food: chips, dips... you know the drill. I thought an exotic salsa would fill the void and give me something healthy to lather on my celery sticks and boiled chicken. Make Will Noel's skinny guacamole (see side bar) and you have yourself a real fiesta. Never thought Mexican night would become my healthy one.. Arrriiiibbbaaaaaaaaaa

Papaya and Pineapple Salsa

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (coriander)
  • 1 cup small cubed papaya
  • 1 small jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
  • 1/4 chopped onion
  • 2 Tbsp lime juice.. I used the little Thai limes. Aren't they cute?
  • 1/2 cup small chopped avocado
  • 1/2 cup small chopped pineapple
Directions:
  • Mix all together, cover, and refrigerate for an hour
  • Serve on chips, veggies, chicken, or fish.
  • Watch yourself become thin before your very eyes.
  • Once thin, engage in saucy behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment