Monday, May 9, 2011

London Food Festival








I recently went to a food festival in Earl's Court in London and it had to be one of the best days I have spent in a long time. It seems to me the only place where you can drink neat gin from 11 am onwards. I wouldn't recomend it on an empty stomach but from the moment you walk in, there are samples and cooking demonstrations galore.

A few things that I came away from the day were the above. I have already sung the praises of sloe gin and tasting the things that Sloe Motion did were so amazing. I will be making a much bigger batch this year. Edinburgh Gin may have just replaced Hendrick's as my favourite gin, it's not just whisky that the Scots do extraordinarily well. This gin is so rich in flavour and there isn't a burning throat in sight. If you can find some, get your hands on it. Conversely, their whisky is best left to their compatriots in the industry. Lastly: Love Your Larder is a way of getting all of these things which you can only get at farmers markets or foodie festivals straight to your door. Worth checking out as the guy on the stall was so lovely I only hope his fledgling business goes well.
















I also went to an art fair that weekend. I'd say it was a rather good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment