Friday, March 19, 2010

Caroline's Asian Salad


This is a perfect “let’s clear out the kitchen” meal or side. I mean who doesn’t have a pack of ramen noodles in their pantry? I got this recipe from one of my favorite people, Caroline. When I met her in college, I instantly knew we would be good friends. She is almost as weird as I am, is six foot tall (as am I), and, like me, does not possess the verbal filter that stops awkward things from leaving the mouth. I would share some of our mutual oddities; however, for fear of judgement, I will abstain. Just know Caroline is a peach and her salad is crunchy, healthy, easy, and delish.. I promise!

CAROLINE'S ASIAN SALAD
serves 2-3 as main and 4-6 as side

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 6 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 4 packets splenda (or real sugar
  • 1 Tbsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp pepper
  • 1 Packet Ramen Noodles without the seasoning
  • 1 handful sesame seeds
  • 1 handful slivered almonds
  • 1 bag of cabbage slaw (shredded), if there is no slaw, shred a head of green cabbage and a half of a red cabbage
  • diced green onion (not too much)
DIRECTIONS:
  • Whisk olive oil, vinegar, splenda (or sugar), salt, and pepper in a bowl and put in fridge a couple of hours before serving.
  • Brown ramen noodles (broken up), sesame seeds, and almonds in a large skillet. Do not use any grease or oil until they are brown. Stir A LOT and keep a close eye.. they brown quickly!
  • Toss green with dressing. Serve with crunchy topping.. PERFECT

No comments:

Post a Comment