Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Heres to a sloey Christmas

As I am a novice to this drink, I - like fellow novices - am very proud of what I have created thus far. True, it hasn't been sampled and I must wait another twenty days before it can be tasted, but I thought you would like to see what it is I am so excited about come 27th December.

These are the lovely sloes having just been picked and ready to be pricked. I said they looked like blueberries did I not?











Once bottled, they don't make for the most appetizing drink I can think of, but even after a few days the colour starts to permeate into the gin and soon enough it will start looking like...















Yes, that is a Christmas tree, I can't help it, we had snow early this year and it was all I could do to wait until the 4th December to buy one. I have also been given (and opened) my first Christmas present, which happened to contain a recipe for sloe gin jelly. I can promise an attempt at that one in the new year. As you can see, the purple is taking hold and it is beginning to look like something you would want to drink. I am most pleased, if only for the fact I have something pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment